Friday, March 26, 2010

Learning to Paint Shells #1


As I said last time, I have a plan for learning to paint shells. This is lesson #1, getting the values right. Using burnt umber, I covered a 4"X4" portion of the canvas panel and then removed paint with a wet (with Gamsol) brush for the lights, and added paint for the darks. The top photo is not actually the same painting, I ended up wiping that first attempt, but it shows the process. I also took that photo on the easel in different light, hence a slightly different color. Tune in for the next post to see lesson #2!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!
    this is cool- I want to try it!
    I have been enjoying your posts a lot Bobbi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I am always learning something from you! Can't wait to see the rest of the progression.

    ReplyDelete