Wednesday, September 19, 2012


  Ocean Point Pine 6"x8" oil on panel

Ocean Point Pine Sketch


Sketchbook page

Betsy painting

These are more from my day in East Boothbay last week at the OPA paintout. The top image is my first painting of the day, the same tree as in the painting in the previous post. But here, I'm looking into the sun, or at least it started out that way. My preliminary sketch is the second image, and as is often the case, I like it better than the sketch I did on the panel for the painting. Perhaps a notan would be better preparation for the painting, since it's masses rather than lines that matter. Next time!

I had lots of fun with the drawings, particularly of the other painters. And Betsy did not have two umbrellas.



















2 comments:

  1. Lovely drawings Bobbi! Looks like you had a great day (and a productive one too!) :-)

    ReplyDelete