Large view of an individual painting
To reiterate, I've built my new website on both Fine Art Studio Online (FASO) and Artspan to do a comparison.
Both have all the features that are most important to me:
- A platform purpose built for displaying and selling artwork
- A large version of each artwork image, as well as thumbnails
- A built-in newsletter signup and sending platform, with images in the emailed newsletter that include links back to the website
- All of the tabs I could possibly need
- Ease of set up - with the content in hand, it was straightforward to build a draft for either in a couple of hours
- Ease of adding new artwork - YES!
- A free trial period
In this post I'm showing the FASO site, see my previous post for the Artspan version.
I like these things about my FASO site:
- Fabulous customer support - I work with software companies a lot, and this is support beyond what I've ever seen, even answering support questions on Sunday!
- Well laid out templates, and a willingness to change them for an individual site
- Most pages can include images
- Very professional looking email newsletter
Do take a look at my FASO site, where you can see all of each page and poke around. And here's FASO's pricing page, so you can see what their various plans cost. If you're looking to upgrade your website, I think you can build a fine one on either of these platforms.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on which one I should choose. And I'm happy to answer your questions about building the two sites, just comment or send me an email. Thanks for your help!