Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Wolfe's Neck Farm"

"Wolfe's Neck Farm"
6"X6" oil on canvas panel

Yesterday I went to Wolfe's Neck Farm in Freeport in the afternoon, to paint a group of trees that I had scouted out on a previous visit. There were quite a few people there enjoying the sunshine, some taking a hayride, and others just walking or driving through. One man stopped his car and came over to see what I was doing. He was disappointed that I wasn't painting the Belted Galways (a very popular cow in this part of the world) that had wandered onto the edge of my scene. Maybe next time.

I am proud to announce the winner of the August Painting Giveaway drawing, Elizabeth Michaud. Elizabeth's prize is another painting from the Freeport area, "Winslow Park". Congrats, Elizabeth! Do check out her photography blog. She has a great design sense and the color is sensational.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way these pines stand so strong in the warm autumn sun, anchoring that sweep of hill and casting a dark ribbon of shadow. I love the way you balance the colors, and show how the warm light shifts them all a little bit more golden. Handsome!

    I am so thrilled to be the August winner, and speechless that "Winslow Park" is my prize! It's probably my very favorite of all your paintings. Thank you so much, Bobbi! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete