Saturday, November 28, 2009

Live Oaks Sketch and Opening at the Yarmouth Frameshop and Gallery

This is the time of year when I start searching through my photos for interesting landscape compositions. I put them all in a folder and come back to them when I have a moment to paint. The sketch above is from a visit to my sister in south Texas, where we lived when I was in elementary school. I have been thinking of everyone there this holiday, when I wasn't able to attend a family event. These live oaks are quite different from our Yankee trees, it will be fun to give them a try.

Next Saturday, December 5th, is the opening for the Yarmouth Frameshop and Gallery Holiday Show. There are a dozen artists showing small works, including myself and my plien air friends Suzanne deLesseps and Joelle Feldman. I have fourteen paintings in this show, and most of them were first seen on this blog. The opening is from 4-7PM, and we would all love to see you there.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see those trees! Will there be a Holstein beneath? You were missed dear cuz!

    Love you,

    Ann

    ReplyDelete