Friday, April 15, 2011

Airport Sketches



When I'm waiting for a flight I like to sketch people. It's more of a challenge than sketching from a photo, you know you only have a couple of minutes before they're going to move. These are a few I did on a recent trip.

Upcoming workshops:
-- That I am teaching: Daily Painting and Blogging in Damariscotta, ME, April 30 - May 1, 2011
-- That I am hosting: Liz Wiltzen Plein Air Painting in South Freeport, ME, Aug. 19-21, 2011

http://bobbiheath.blogspot.com
www.bobbiheath.com

1 comment:

  1. I like your drawings, Bobbi. Look up Ken Kewley (he's a Philadelphia artist who has been promoted by Israel Hirshberg's school in Jerusalem) more importantly and perhaps more relevant to you, his drawings search out the essential and are Quite spare like yours. I saw an exhibit of sketches (40 small works from a sketch pad) made while stuck in an airport...he was focused on airport as landscape rather than fellow travelers.
    These are great...there is a life drawing sketch group in Malden that convenes on Monday nights...mostly gesture poses...let me know if you have any interest.

    ReplyDelete