Thursday, April 21, 2011

Evolution of a Sketch

Sketch 3
Sketch 2
Sketch 1

Searching for more sunbathers in my photos, I found this lady, ready to be sketched. I sketch in pen, and rather than erasing, I try to learn from each one, and do another sketch until I get one that I like. They only take a few minutes. Sketch 1 ran off the bottom of my small sketchbook with too large a head and a scrunched up body, so I was on to #2. Proportionally I liked it better, but still wasn't satisfied. And though I liked where the values and shadows were going, I wanted more. Do you like #2 or #3 better?

Upcoming workshops:
-- That I am teaching: Daily Painting and Blogging in Damariscotta, ME, April 30 - May 1, 2011
-- That I am hosting: Liz Wiltzen Plein Air Painting in South Freeport, ME, Aug. 19-21, 2011

http://bobbiheath.blogspot.com
www.bobbiheath.com

1 comment:

  1. I like #3 better but they are all very good. Working with the pen is a great idea, maybe I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete