Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

"Farm Pond Pines in Winter"
"6x6" digital over photograph of painting, using ArtRage

Happy 2015! I love the new year, it's a time to plan, and think about new things to do, and things to do differently. I like to make New Year's resolutions, my favorite being "Learn more about wine". My artist's new year's resolutions are probably shared by many:
  • Practice making art every day. It can be hard to do this, with the other commitments we all have, but the feeling of satisfaction from doing it is powerful. More sketching and iPad painting when it's too hard to get out the gear is my plan. And, I'm going to try to make art every day in January.
  • Learn to paint better. For me, painting small paintings regularly really helps. And I love taking workshops!
  • Explore more mediums and techniques. So far I'm signed up for a knife painting workshop with Leslie Saeta in March, and a pastel workshop with Tony Allain in June. More to come.
  • Share art with others. It's a lot of work to blog and share on Facebook, in 2015 I want to better differentiate my content.
  • Help others to enjoy art. I've found out in 2014 that I love teaching painting! Thanks to my students for making that so. I'd like to do more of it in 2015.
Today's painting was painted in ArtRage over a photo of a plein air painting I did four years ago. I've tried this before, with a painting done at the same location. I hope you like it because I'm going to experiment along this line for a bit. Here's the painting underneath.

Farm Pond Pines - SOLD


4 comments:

  1. Great idea - especially with older paintings - when you have looked at them enough to be moved to upgrade them a little - I like your results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Painting,
    you can do anything . . .


    Your adventures in art,
    different media,
    both and and new, makes you
    a truly fine artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The digital painting is fabulously dramatic and beautiful.
    Love your suggestions/resolutions for making more art. So necessary for our well being.

    ReplyDelete