Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Circles on Squares

"Circles on Squares"
6 blocks, 4"x4"x1 1/2" each, acrylic on cradled panels

Cradled panels drying on vitamin bottles

ArtRage mock up of the colors to be painted on each block
(ArtRage on an image of the painted blocks)

palette after painting the circles
airbrush medium was used to thin the acrylic

finished blocks

I'm entering a juried show at the new Artists Corner and Gallery in Acton, MA. The theme is Homage to Kandinsky's Circles, which you can see here. I decided to make each square on a separate small cradled panel. That way there are many ways to arrange them on a wall, or they can be stacked on a shelf. Pretty wild aren't they? I hope this piece gets in, it took rather longer than I expected!

4 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Des couleurs qui me font tourner agréablement la tête !...

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These look like great fun. That palette is a piece in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I turn it in tomorrow and we'll see what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete