Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"Dusk in the Winter Woods"

"Dusk in the Winter Woods"
6"X6" oil on canvas panel

Sometimes they just fall off the brush, though usually not when I am on a tight schedule! This was painted looking out my friend Suzanne's window and the light was fading fast. There was no choice but to capture the feeling as quickly as possible. I never even went back to my photo reference. I love how it came out.

Just another reminder of the Blogging and Daily Painting workshop I am teaching at River Arts in Damariscotta, ME, January 23 and 30th. In this two day workshop we will go over questions such as: how do I set up a blog and process photos of my work to present, how often do I need to post, and how do I attract viewers to my blog? See the River Arts workshop list for details.

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely.
    I'm reminded of Cezanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish this were outside my window! Nice composition. I love the forked tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have captured winter dusk. I like how the painting takes you into the distance. With my eyes half shut, I can see three areas gradually leading you deeper into the woods. I also like how the fallen tree points toward the darker area of the woods, giving a sense of direction and adding interest to the composition. Great job!

    BTW, I just signed up for the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbi, I think this is one of your stronger pieces...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've captured the typical New England gray day. Nice form in the shadows.

    ReplyDelete