Friday, April 6, 2012

Local Colors at the Coastal Maine Botanical Garden

"Iris"
6"x6" oil on Raymar panel

This month, River Arts is having an exhibition at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay Harbor. I'm honored to have one of my paintings (above) chosen for this show. The show runs April 1 - May 24, and there is an opening reception on Thursday, April 12, 5-7 pm in the Visitor's Center. Here's a description of the show from the Gardens:

This exhibit showcases talented midcoast artists’ expressions of Maine. The Gardens is honored to be partnering with one of the region’s newest and most exciting galleries, the non-profit organization River Arts Gallery of Damariscotta, whose mission is to nurture appreciation, encourage participation and provide opportunity in the arts.

The show is particularly exciting for me, because I love the gardens, and I've had a wonderful association with River Arts, both attending and giving workshops there. If you are in the area, I hope you'll stop by, check out the paintings, and enjoy the gardens.

1 comment: