Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"Tug 66"

"Tug 66"
8"x6" oil on Raymar panel

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of painting in New Castle NH with Mary Byrom and Barbara Carr, fellow members of the Plein Air Painters of Maine. New Castle is a delightful island community in the Piscatagua River between Portsmouth and Kittery, ME. I found this little red tug and couldn't resist painting it. I planned to do a quick 30 minute oil sketch, and Mary and Barbara were wondering what had happened to me when I finally returned 2.5 hours later. It was such a nice afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. Love the soft brushwork in this. Of course you got lost in the 'moment'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Bobbi, lost in the moment...

    Cool Tug.... funny I just did a quick study of one myself.... here in Indiana!

    Oh, I'll have to post it so you can see that I need more practice with tugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful little painting, Bobbi. I was a guest in a lovely home on the water in New Castle just a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we were there at the same time. I am envious you are in such a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your blog , j'adore beaucoup kiss isabelle

    ReplyDelete