Monday, April 16, 2012

Peggi Kroll Roberts Workshop 1

Two Value Two Color Study (#10)

Two Value Two Color Study (#6)

Value Study (#3)

I had the pleasure this weekend of attending a workshop with Peggi Kroll Roberts at the Art school at Sandy Springs, Atlanta. The workshop was a focus on the clothed figure, and we worked both inside and outside, better light outside, better temperatures inside!

This workshop was exactly what I was looking for. I love to do value studies, but when it comes to translating the values into color, I often get stuck and even when I don't, it's easy to lose the value relationships. Perggi's set of exercises were tailor made for this problem. And working with live models was such a pleasure.

Each morning we began with "almost" blind contour drawings of 10 one minute poses. I love that, it's a great warm-up, really makes you use your eyeballs. On the first day we went on to value studies, first two values, then up to five. One of those is shown above. Next, was two values, but in two colors. I found this very interesting. All of the exercises shown here were done on the first day of the workshop.

I'll do another post with images from the second and third days. I can't say enough about the quality of Peggi's teaching. If you ever get a chance to take one of her workshops, go for it. And if you don't have that opportunity, Peggi's DVDs are also excellent, and a good refresher.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Bobbi, these are way cool. This is very you!
    Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbi, these are all really well done and I am quite envious that you studied with PKR-that is on my list for the future. Glad to hear you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous figure studies. How I LOVE a workshop!

    ReplyDelete