Thursday, December 31, 2009

"Tea, Memories, and Resolutions"

"Tea, Memories, and Resolutions"
6"X6" oil on canvas panel
SOLD

My first pass at this composition was last Saturday, and it just wasn't right, not the perspective or the various whites. So I wiped it off, got the basic shapes right, and let it sit through the two previously posted paintings. I knew what was wrong, and this time, I got something I like. I love New Years, making resolutions, like making plans, is one of my favorite things to do. So take this cup of tea, think of all you learned in 2009, and make your plans for the new year. I look forward to being part of some of them. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a New Years Day painting. I am, in fact, drinking my second cup of tea of the new year as I check out your blog. I hope you keep up your resolve of almost-daily paintings, because they're a pleasure for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Bobbi!

    Thanks for all your insights last year!

    Did you read the tea leaves? I see a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Bobbi and looking forward to more fun painting together in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good - enjoying the look of the tea inside the mug - I had a great resolution and today I totally forget it, that can't be right!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to put my hands around that warm mug....yum.

    ReplyDelete