Friday, December 11, 2009

"Two Tomatoes"

"Two Tomatoes"
6"X6" oil on canvas panel

Two Tomatoes Value Sketch

This is another potential exercise for the Daily Painting and Blogging Workshop I will be teaching at River Arts next month. The idea is to do a value sketch on a toned canvas and then go back with color to complete the painting. The value sketch should be done very quickly, this one probably took me ten minutes. But that doesn't count the first two passes that I wiped off! I'll have to keep practicing to get the second phase down to the 45 minutes I would like it take for the workshop.

For more information on the workshop click here and look for my name.

1 comment:

  1. I just checked out the website for the workshop. I have such talented "kin." Wish I was close enough to peek in! Good luck, it really sounds fun. By the way, I'll eat those tomatoes if ya' send them to me.

    ReplyDelete