Thursday, March 31, 2011

30 Minute Irises

30 Minute Iris #1
3"x3" gouache on paper

30 Minute Iris #2
3"x3" gouache on paper

These little guys were meant to be 10 minute irises, but the elapsed time was more like half an hour. They're done in gouache from the earlier painting, since the flowers themselves had pretty much curled up. I was trying to get more shades of blue than in the oil version, and I think I did that. I need to practice with more real flowers, because "seeing" the different shades is key, and I need practice in that too.

Upcoming workshops:
-- That I am teaching: Daily Painting and Blogging in Damariscotta, ME, April 30 - May 1, 2011
-- That I am hosting: Liz Wiltzen Plein Air Painting in South Freeport, ME, Aug. 19-21, 2011

http://bobbiheath.blogspot.com
www.bobbiheath.com

1 comment: