Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Icy Brook"

"Icy Brook"
8"x10" oil on Raymar panel
SOLD

Yesterday four of us got together for a mini-workshop with Carolyn Walton, for more about Carolyn, checkout the previous post. It was great fun, with some excellent demos and plenty of one-on-one instruction. I started with a photo I'd taken a few weeks ago, while balancing on a snow pile by the side of the road. I usually start snow paintings on an un-tinted canvas, but for this one I used a panel that was lightly tinted yellow/brown. I'm pleased with the results and appreciative of what I learned from Carolyn. I'll take a look at this scene again when we have some spring colors in the landscape.

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed looking and reading your blog. Its good to see how others use gouache as well as oil which I am struggling with now. Thank you for sharing what you've learned or figured out..... its helping me.

    ReplyDelete