Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sketching the Blue Boat

Blue Boat sketch
oil on gessoed board

Initial drawing, 6"x12"


The blue boat as it went round and round.

I had some fun on Sunday painting from the town landing in Yarmouth. My favorite blue lobster boat was in the water and made a great subject. I'll show you the first painting I worked on in the next post. This was some fun sketching afterwards. I'd hardly gotten started when the wind picked up, the reflections of the trees were gone and the blue boat was turning around on her mooring. I lost the right hand sketch as I tried to finish it. All in a days work on the water.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Bobbi, I love watching you work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Maman les p'tits bateaux qui vont sur l'eau ont-ils des jambes ?... Mais oui, petit nigaud s'ils n'en avaient pas, ils n'avanceraient pas !..."
    C'est la chanson que je chantais enfant !... et votre petit bateau bleu m'y fait songer...
    J'ai hâte d'en voir plus.

    ♡ Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete