Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"Nubbin #1"

"Nubbin #1"
6"x8" oil on canvas panel

The Nubbin is a little island off Princes Point in Yarmouth, Maine, where we have our cottage. I've only set foot on it once, because we try to leave it for the birds and sometimes baby seals. I've painted it a few times before, and thought that it would be a good subject for some experiments. This one was with a big brush and a short time table (about 40 minutes). I did a warm up version first, and now wish I hadn't wiped it. Next time I'll keep all versions for comparison. That's what experiments area about, right?

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Since being in Maine for the AIR, I am interested in all things Maine. This is a wonderful little island. I really like the colors and brushstrokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love that nubbin. It was the first place I ever saw wild seals. Love all the shades of blue and green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the sky! Wish I could visit there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a nice little painting. Fabulous edges and brushwork.

    ReplyDelete