Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Three Trees"

"Three Trees"
3"x3" gouache on paper

Here's the best of three gouache sketches of pine trees that I painted from my minivan studio, my way of painting plein air when it's raining or cold. Familiar story on the other two, I saw one little thing that wasn't quite right, and once I fixed that, something else was out of kilter, and by the time I was done, I had an overworked, much less interesting painting. Have you ever done that?

Upcoming workshops:
-- That I am teaching: Daily Painting and Blogging in Damariscotta, ME, April 30 - May 1, 2011
-- That I am hosting: Liz Wiltzen Plein Air Painting in South Freeport, ME, Aug. 19-21, 2011

http://bobbiheath.blogspot.com
www.bobbiheath.com

1 comment:

  1. I love "Three Trees" and yes, I have done that fixing and overworking thing so many times!
    I am going to be painting in Maine in August and it would be great to meet you as I have been a subscriber of yours for awhile.

    ReplyDelete