Sunday, April 9, 2017

Learning Something New

White House, Monhegan
 watercolor 4"x5"
Bobbi Heath

I got an email the other day from a colleague in my former technology life. It said "it looks like you are having more fun than anyone I know". And I think she's right. It's because I get to learn something new every day.

Here's a case in point. Haven't you heard it said that watercolor is harder than oil and acrylic? In my experience it's true. But there are some scenes that just call out to me for watercolor, particularly those on the water. Winslow Homer's Caribbean paintings come to mind. I also think we learn a lot when we work in more than one medium.

So I'm excited to be attending a workshop next month with accomplished watercolorist and friend, Poppy Balser. To add to the appeal, it's in Cornwallis Park, Nova Scotia! 

Here are a few of Poppy's water colors, which are inspiring indeed.

Poppy Balser

Poppy Balser

Poppy Balser

Poppy's workshop in May is full, but she's teaching again in June and September. For more information take a look here.


No comments:

Post a Comment