Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Cove Road Marsh" and Upcoming Show

I am doing a solo show at The Gallery at Boothbay Harbor in July. Rick, the gallery owner, is a friend and fellow marine painter. An exciting part of the show is that I will be doing a demo on July 3rd at 3PM, leading into the First Friday gallery tour. I am excited about doing the demo. I often paint outside, even in areas where there are quite a few people, but a demo where I am expected to explain what's going on will be a bit more of a challenge. Rick and I discussed what I should paint, and agreed that a scene which can be displayed on the large computer monitor in the gallery would be best. This marsh scene from (you guessed it!) Cove Road in Freeport, is what I have chosen (5"x5" oil). You will likely see it again before July, as I give the demo some dry runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment