Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Sou'wester Hat"

It took a couple of sessions, but here's my Sou'wester hat. Those of you who know this hat will recognize that we are looking at the back, which has a wide brim to keep the rain off your neck in bad weather. I have only worn this one a couple of times, plastic not being my favorite material. I had a great waterproof nylon sailing hat, with a somewhat wide brim all around that worked in sun and rain, but it got left behind on someone else's boat a long time ago. My husband still has his blue version. It might be on my list... And yes, the cantaloupe is still under there. "Sou'wester Hat" is a 6"X6" oil.

2 comments:

  1. I like it.
    Up in Nova Scotia, they have the birthday girl wear the Sou'wester during the party.
    What is it about rain gear anyway? You're streaming wet on the outside, so when you get in the car, you're sitting in a puddle. Same with an umbrella. You get in the car with the dripping thing and what the heck do you do with it then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. The birthday girl wearing the sou'wester. We will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete